Saturday, August 27, 2011

Proud Sister

I am the oldest sister to two pretty awesome brothers.  Sometimes, they drive me absolutely nuts, but for the most time, they are really great friends.  They protect me, look out for me, make me laugh, and treat me with respect.  They are amazing guys, and I am very lucky to call them my brothers-even though sometimes I try to deny our relation. :)  

Today, was a pretty cool day for one of my brothers.  The older of the two started for the first time in a college football game  What a fun thing to watch!  The road to this game has not been easy.  Its been two years of frustration, sweat, blood, tears, and disappointment.  But today, we got to watch him play again.  

A group of nine of us all piled into two cars and made the drive to Menlo for the first game of the season.  We grabbed sandwiches on the way and "tailgated" before the game began.

The coin was tossed and Menlo opted to start the game on defense.  After holding the other team and forcing them to punt, offense took the field.  It was at this moment that I realized how nervous and excited I was for my brother.  He had been told so many times- "you'll start, you'll play"...and yet you just never know until they run out onto the field.  As he ran out there as an offensive starter I let out a squeal!  I saw tears form in my moms eyes, and my dad swelled up with pride.  He did it!  Sweat, tears, frustration, and two years of so much hard work- and finally he was back out there on that field where he belongs.  Just like I feel like Im at home doing anything fashion related-he looks so at home out their on that football field.  I watched with pride as he stayed on his guy all day long-pushing back guys bigger than him, and always playing past the whistle.  I watched as he cheered on his team on and off the field.  I watched as he got frustrated-as any good player does-when things weren't going right.  And I watched him run off the field after his first college start with his head, and his helmet held high.  This day was so much more emotional than I thought it would be, and I can't imagine how he must have felt.  All I know is how I felt-and that was extremely proud.  

So brother,
This post is for you.  To tell you how proud I am of you.  To tell you how happy I am for you-that today finally came.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching you out there.  You are a wonderful player, and a great leader, and I am proud to have you as my brother.  I look forward to watching you start the rest of this season :)  GO MENLO OAKS!!!!!!

My Family

Proud daddy! 

Luke & Uncle Dan

The Gang

She cried when he ran out on the field :)

I hope this does't embarrass you brother lol.  Love you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment