Saturday, January 28, 2012

and the hunt continues.

So, I've been on the job hunt for a few weeks now.  Filling out, and turning in applications and trying to re-work my resume...and I'm discouraged to say the least.
I went to school so that when I graduated, I would have a better chance of finding a good job.  However, that's proving to be much more difficult than I expected.
I guess I just figured since I had my degree, and I spent a lot of sweat, tears, hours of my life, and lost so much sleep that that would matter to someone and I would be rewarded for that-with a job.
Maybe that's just my fault for being naive-and also for not taking into account the billions of other people who live on this planet and also need to work.
I just didn't expect to be 23...living at home...with no job.
I probably sound incredibly silly right now...I am fully aware that 23 is YOUNG.  And I LOVE my family, so living with them is wonderful.  And I in no way am writing this to evoke a pity party...more just to get my feelings out.

I feel a little frustrated...and a lot discouraged.  I don't know how people do this for years.  I don't know how people with multiple degrees and extended experience do this.  Because that's the truth.  There are people much more qualified than I, who are looking for jobs too.

So to all you out there looking for jobs too-I feel your stress, and I understand your frustration.  And to those of you with jobs-especially those of you who get to do something you love on a daily basis-Im envious of you and I encourage you to work every day with your whole heart, and be grateful for what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment