Sunday, November 20, 2011

Clothe Yourself.

I was wasting time on my newest addiction-pinterest-when I came across this photo:



For me, getting dressed is a very important part of my day.  I know that sounds silly, but I have always felt that a persons style is a form of self expression.  I love picking out my outfit for the day, and accessorizing it.   I always try to look my best, and I put effort into my appearance.  This is usually a bit of a process.  I won't lie, it takes me a good amount of time to get ready in the morning.  I won't share how long, because its not really an increment of time Im proud of.  I will just say it takes me longer to get ready then it should.
Usually as I get ready I also have my computer playing an episode of a show I missed, or on youtube playing songs off my playlist.  It's the same routine every single day.

This photo made me think though....why don't I spend the same amount of time clothing my emotional self as I do clothing my physical self?  Everyday I put on a shirt.  Everyday I put on pants.  Everyday I put on shoes.  But, do I remember to put on compassion everyday?  Do I clothe myself in kindness and humility?  Do I remind myself to be patient every morning and on into my day?  The answer to these questions, is sadly-NO.  I don't take the same care, or thought, with these things as I do with the clothing that I put on my physical body.

I have a feeling that walking around without compassion, kindness, humility, and patience, is just as bad (if not worse) then walking around completely naked-and I REALLY don't want to do that.

So this week:  I challenge myself to focus a little more on how Im clothing my inside, and a little less on worrying about the outside.     


No comments:

Post a Comment